Homemade Christmas - Screened T-Shirts

DIY: Screen Print

Exact same process as the dump truck project here.  What I learned this time: Need a bigger screen for adult t-shirts.  I was able to fit entire vinyl project on the screen, but trying to squeegee the top, bottom and side was difficult because it was hard to maintain the angle and pressure.  Also, a cardboard backing under the shirt totally backfired on this - there ended up being paint grooves from where the pressure was uneven due to the corrugation.  I'll use wood or masonite in the future. The t-shirt brand took the paint really well - this is "urban" brand from Kohls.  It was inexpensive and pre-shrunk.  I had a lot of fun designing this one - the font is from DaFonts and I found an image and created basically a vector art outline of the main identifiable components, traced that, then fiddled with it (all in SIL). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note here: