Orange, Quack.


This is just too cute! I wanted to find the right balance of whimsical, playful, and masculine in a baby boy arrival card.  Then the orange jumped at me, and I love how it paired with slate and the turquoise.

This is a 5x7 white cardstock base with decorative turquoise and ivory paper.  The orange banner is actually a decorative paper as well - it has some distressing that gives great dimension.  The slate circle is actually shimmery silver, and the stamped message is adhered to a blue vellum.  Interesting note - the blue velum is fairly basic - but when set beside the turquoise color - it appears more turquoise.  I love it.  The stamped message is done in SU Pumpkin Pie.  The adorable duck is stamped in SU Tempting Turquoise (and mounted on SU tempting turquoise cardstock).  I then colored in the duck with SU pens (turquoise and pumpkin).  These stamps are not SU - just some acrylic ones that I have lying around.  On the dimensional adhesives - I used a 'taller' one for the duck and a thinner (yet still dimensional) 3M product for the message.  I like the effect.

I'll definitely be using this layout in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note here: