On Stress.

This blog and my distractions help me deal with stress.  No surprise there, I am sure.  Today I read this article about symptoms of stress; and while I wouldn't categorize these items as "surprising" as the author does, it, nevertheless, serves as a reminder that our body dislikes stress as much as our brain.  http://health.yahoo.com/featured/95/9-surprising-symptoms-of-stress  My hubby often gets the eye twitching problem, and I know it drives him crazier than whatever is stressing him at the moment (which is sort of ironic).  Today I am really feeling stress.  I work well under pressure, but feeling a bit underwater during today's pressures.  In any case, at the suggestion of the article, I have been periodically shutting my eyes and recalling fun memories from my past vacations.  I haven't been to a lot of places, but still thankful I've had some chances to travel.  Right now, I'm remembering the blue waters of the Mediterranean: I once sat on the boulevard in Nice and just looked out at the glass-like surface of the sea.  It was too many years ago, but the color is permanently imprinted in my mind.  Later during that same trip, I looked at it again while in Monte Carlo.  I was a touch too young and petulant at the time to really appreciate the trip and the views, but the sights and color remains easy to recall.  Cool, yet vibrant . . . inviting and calming.  I need the Mediterranean outside my office right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note here: